Our Life

Jesse and I have been married for 14 months and we have a 4 month old son Graham (stop doing the math in your head). Jesse is currently getting his Master's in mechanical engineering from ASU. I coach volleyball and get to hang out with the G-man all day! We like sports, parks and rec, barros pizza, and planning trips that we can't afford (Graham likes eating, pooping, taking baths, and wrapping us around his chubby fingers). We are pretty normal and not too exciting so I don't mind if you never visit this blog again.





Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Christmas!

We had a great Christmas this year! The festivities started on Christmas Eve. It is tradition to get together with the DeWitt family and as always it was a great evening full of lot's of laughing and Mexican food. The annual gift exchange was full of lot's of inappropriate gifts wrapped in entire rolls of duct tape! Jesse's brothers and sisters and mom and dad are so generous when it comes to gift giving, and they spoiled Graham big time. He got some really cool gifts that Jesse has really enjoyed playing with:) I forgot to take pictures this night, oops.

Christmas morning was spent at our apartment. Jesse and I decided to get ourselves an original, refurbished iPad (because we aren't quite cool enough for the iPad 2 yet). We got each other a few other little things but the iPad pretty much sums up our Christmas to each other, well worth it if you ask me. I am really cheap and decided this would probably be the only Christmas I could get away with not getting Graham too much. So I took some of the toys that I got at my baby shower but hadn't brought out yet, and just wrapped those and put them under the tree for Graham. He was thrilled! What I should have done is just put balls of wrapping paper under the tree, then he really would have been in heaven. On a side note, aren't his little PJ's so cute, they have little Santa's on the feet!

After opening presents at our house we went to church with my parent's in their singles ward (it was 45 minutes!) and then opened more presents at their house with my whole fam. As usual, my mother went overboard and bought all of us way too much, including Graham. I would say the theme this year in the Powell household was gift cards, which we are still reaping the benefits from! The big surprise of the day was to hear that my dad bought a boat! Well a third of a boat, he went in on it with a couple of his partners at work. They have been talking about doing it for years, so I really never thought it would actually happen. Who wants to go to the lake this summer?! We ate way too much food and finished the day off with a much needed afternoon nap. I am so grateful for our wonderful families who are so generous and quite frankly just fun people to be around!







And of course, I am grateful for the opportunity to celebrate the birth of our Savior and to remember His life and all He has given to us. I wish it did not take a holiday to put me in a Christlike mood, but I guess that is what New Year's resolutions are for! 


4 comments:

  1. Fun!!! I think it is time we add some more hommies to your blog list

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you for taking any pictures at all! Well done Stace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Add me please! :)

    Love the photos. Glad ya'll had a nice Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe how big Graham is getting.... you look so great and skinny! Glad you guys were spoiled for Christmas. And good call on wrapping toys you already had for Graham... you're a smart mom!

    ReplyDelete