Our Life

Jesse and I have been married for 14 months and we have a 4 month old son Graham (stop doing the math in your head). Jesse is currently getting his Master's in mechanical engineering from ASU. I coach volleyball and get to hang out with the G-man all day! We like sports, parks and rec, barros pizza, and planning trips that we can't afford (Graham likes eating, pooping, taking baths, and wrapping us around his chubby fingers). We are pretty normal and not too exciting so I don't mind if you never visit this blog again.





Friday, September 23, 2011

So as you can see from the picture above we had a little impromptu visit from Jolynn and Matt! They had a layover in the Phoenix airport and so Graham and I decided it was time for Graham to take his first trip to the airport and have lunch with the Page’s at the Chili’s in the food court. It was a short visit but so worth it! Jolynn finally got to see my huge baby in person and I got to here all about how her kids are doing. I can’t believe Sydney is old enough to be in pre-school!

Jolynn and I aren’t great phone talkers (I believe as they were leaving we vowed for the 16th time to be better at calling). Even though our phone skills may be lacking, every time we get together we just pick up right where we left off. As I was driving home from the airport I started getting a little bit nostalgic about my days at BYU. Sometimes I can’t believe I spent 4 ½ years there, it almost feels like it was all a dream or some alternate life. Some of my college roommates had a little reunion up in Utah a few weeks ago; obviously I do not live in Utah so I was not able to attend. However, Jolynn informed me that it was an absolutely marvelous evening; which I could have guessed from the pictures. Anyways, I was thinking about how everything has changed since college (graduation, jobs, husbands, kids, locations, etc…) but when we get together it’s still the same (for example: taking a picture huddled in a princess castle at 1am).

Last Christmas Jesse and I decided to take a trip to Utah and go snowboarding. This was to make up for our honeymoon that was literally 36 hours long because I had to be back for what I would soon learn was the worst job in the world. I took Jesse on a little tour of the campus and all the apartments I had lived in. It felt very weird to be back there, it was strange to think that all the students there had no idea that this is where I lived and went to school for 4 ½ years! I’ve been bothering Jesse a lot lately with the idea that there is a time and a season for everything in life. I have so many wonderful memories of BYU and I wouldn’t trade the experiences I had there for anything, but our winter trip definitely reinforced the fact that the time and season for BYU in my life had come and gone.

I realized as we were driving past all my old apartments that it was the friends I had that made BYU so great, that’s why it didn’t feel the same to me: none of my friends were there either. We weren’t your typical girls and probably didn’t have the “typical” college experience, but it was perfect for me. I am so happy that the time and season for great friends is never gone! So to any of my old roommies: if you ever have a layover in the Phoenix airport give me a call; Graham and I will meet you for lunch at Chili’s!


And what kind of blog post would this be without a solo shot of Graham! I mean Jesse and I are decent looking people, I'd describe us as slightly above average. So how did we make something this adorable? I wish I knew:)



2 comments:

  1. Love you Stabie! Thank you so much for making the drive out to the airport. It seriously was the highlight of our entire trip. It's so nice to know that even though we are terrible at calling, we can just pick up like we've always been together. And thank you for posting another cute pic of Graham. I loved squeezing his little chubs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! So glad I finally found your blog. Love the commentary and photos. Keep it coming!!

    ReplyDelete